The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) 
Elizabeth Hoyt

RELEASE DATE: Nov. 1, 2006
PAGES: 392
GENRE: Adult Hitsorical Romance
PUBLISHER: Warner Forever
RATING: 4.5/5




There comes a time in a lady's life...

Widowed Anna Wren is having a wretched day. After an arrogant male on horseback nearly squashes her, she arrives home to learn that she is in dire financial straits.

When she must do the unthinkable...

The Earl of Swartingham is in a quandary. Having frightened off two secretaries, Edward de Raaf needs someone who can withstand his bad temper and boorish behavior.

And find employment.

When Anna becomes the earl's secretary, it would seem that both their problems are solved. Then she discovers he plans to visit the most notorious brothel in London for his "manly" needs. Well! Anna sees red—and decides to assuage her "womanly" desires...with the earl as her unknowing lover.

 Synopsis from Goodreads:


My Review:

God knows how much I ADORE Beauty and the Beast. I remember watching it over and over again with my best friend, and every single time, we were squealing and crying and sighing at the exact same scenes (we were eight-years old mind you). Now, 12 years later, I was very curious about reading a retelling that would do it justice and coming across an critically-acclaimed historical, adult version of the tale I couldn't resist the urge to grab it, could I?

 It was one of the purest, tenderest, most breathtaking love stories I've ever read and the historical setting added a sweet intensity to their feelings. Beneath Edward's scarred face, his bad temper and grouchy manners lays a passionate, kind-hearted man looking for the woman who can see past all his defaults and would love him unconditionally. That woman happens to be the widowed Anna, his secretary and a woman who sports scars deep-down her heart. Her love for him goes as far as disguising herself as a courtesan, risking her reputation and her heart just to be in his arms, although she knows that he won't know who she really is and how mad he's going to be if he ever unmasked her.

 I don't know if it's pure luck or if simply I have a good taste in books (though, for the sake of my ego, I tend to think that it's the latter) but this is my second historical romance and it was awe-inspiring. I can easily picture it in a movie or better a BBC mini series starring Michael Fassbender...


*fangirling*
The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.